Sunday, June 26, 2011

Lovin' the weekend!

I have no idea where my camera is at the moment (or....at least I'm too lazy to go down and find it!) so no pics tonight, just rambling!

It's been a nice weekend as the love affair with suburbia continues:) And before I tell you what we did, I have to say that to enjoy the weekend is such a nice change for me. For the past several years while Ben has been in school (esp the first 4-5 hard-core years), the weekend has been just an extension of the week which meant more long, lonely days just trying to figure out what to do and care for the kiddos while Ben worked really hard. And Ben is a really dedicated hard-worker which I respect so much!  But I admit that I love with all my heart that his schedule is more flexible now and that he has some more time to devote to family time. It means the world to me! And to him, too:)

Yesterday we drove to Naperville and enjoyed the farmer's market there, which I must say was quite a bit more impressive than the local one from last Saturday! There were quite a few more varieties of things including wisconsin cheese, popcorn, honey from local bee-keepers, more varieties of fruits/veggies, baked goods, etc.

After strolling through that for a little bit we headed nearby to downtown Naperville, which we love and spent a couple of hours walking around, enjoying the nice day and having lunch! It was so easy to get there from our new place and much closer, too.

Today we tried out a new church that is close by and really liked it! We were warmly welcomed by people, the boys enjoyed their classes and Eliana didn't yell during the quiet parts too much:) In fact, she was pretty much ooohed and aahhhed over by everyone! Which she is used to by now....

Poor baby must be teething or something though because she has been really off the past few days. Having trouble sleeping well, crying when I try to feed her baby food and waking up grumpy and irritable. I wouldn't be surprised if those little sharp teeth poke through any moment....

In fact, I hope they do so we can get our happy go-lucky girl back!

We also enjoyed a homemade fresh peach-strawberry pie this weekend (oh so good!). I never thought to add strawberries before but there they were calling my name, all fresh and ripe and I thought, "Peach and strawberry go well together, don't they?" I'm here to tell you that they do indeed!

We are in the middle of making traveling plans, birthday plans (a certain little boy that I know is turning SIX and we shall NOT mention how old someone else is turning....), 4th of July plans, play-date plans.....all sorts of plans!

Have I mentioned that we are enjoying summer?!

2 comments:

Charity said...

Awwww, Naperville. I'm so glad I got to visit you that one time. I often think fondly of our visit to Naperville when I was there.

grandma said...

Oh how we love Naperville. Oh how different it looks now since our collage days. Such a fun place. Brings back so many memories.

Followers