Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Mr Stick

Miss E and I went to our favorite place today: The Laundromat. Oh yeah. As I said to a friend today: try not to be jealous, okay?

There were actually some nice people at the laundromat today who didn't stare at me like I am a freak-show with my 32 bags of laundry piled high on a cart, a couple more bags over my shoulder, my purse/diaper bag and the baby in her carseat on the other arm. There were some sweet ladies who helped me wheel my cart over to the machines I wanted and another set of sweet ladies who helped me get out to my car later! They probably felt bad for me when they saw my bags start to fall off and my clean laundry scatter all over the nasty floor...

But alas, we have clean clothes for our trip and a home that smells like clean laundry. That's one thing off my checklist! It will be a couple of full days as I scramble around here...

We did take some time to enjoy the beautiful weather today and headed out to a nearby park. Eliana enjoyed watching the boys play with sticks. Samuel found a stick on the way home from school today (he walked with Daddy) that was shaped exactly like a stick-figure drawing (minus the head and one arm) and he named it "Mr. Stick."

Before I knew it, the boys had a collection of sticks. Mr Stick had quite a large family, including "The Cousin" which was a large triangle slab of stone:) They wanted to hide their collection before we left so no one would "steal" them. Love these boys!
Getting sleepy after all the entertainment:)


 Hey, Zakkai! Can I take your picture? Just one little smile? Please? Fine, don't smile for me!
 Oh, there you are! So gracious of you to grant me a smile:) (which I adore, by the way!) He looks so big in this picture..sniff.
The eldest of the crew, holding what appears to be "Mr Stick." He is very excited for Picture Day tomorrow, mostly because he doesn't have to wear his uniform:)

Oh and good news: Zakkai is barely limping today so that is one less worry! And Eliana's rash hasn't flared up worse again today so I am thankful!

Especially now that I can eat that cheese and milk that I have been craving. Mmmm.. Although the coconut milk wasn't too bad with cereal.

I guess.

No comments:

Followers