Monday, April 11, 2011

If it's Not One Thing...

It's Another....

Alternately titled: "When it Rains, it Pours."

Gotta admit that I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed and down these days. On top of worries and disappointments about what next year holds for us, there has been the constant battle with sickness for the past 2 1/2 months.

Wish I could say it's over but...

*I took Eliana to the dr today and pretty much she has "Non-specific rash" which is medical terminology for "we have no idea what the heck is wrong with her." Great.  They said it looks like eczema and/or contact dermatitis and that she has super sensitive skin.

So. So we're supposed to remove ANYTHING that has possible fragrance/dye/chemicals, etc from her life~anything that touches her skin and see if it helps. Otherwise she'll be referred to a dermatologist and/or allergist if this doesn't clear up soon. Good news is that they think I can start to add dairy back in my diet.

*Also, it appears that we may be starting a thrush battle.

*And Zakkai (who was fighting some kind of infection with a high fever and swollen lymph nodes in his neck this weekend) is now limping, complaining of knee/shin pain and will only walk on his tippy-toes on his left leg.

I could cry. I really could. Except I don't have much left in me to cry. Cry for me, would you? And say a prayer while you're at it?!

Can you see why I am really looking forward to getting away this weekend? I just really want to be healthy while we're gone. Maybe this vacation will break the vicious cycle...

````````````````````````````
So plans are rolling right along for us to leave for Florida on Friday afternoon after we pick up S from school! (if we survive that long:(

While I was working out some details for the trip yesterday, Daddy was having a good old time with his little Princess!

Take a peek!
She always give us a reason to smile. What a gift!

4 comments:

Charity said...

I'm so sorry that sickness is making its appearance again. Maybe the sunshine in Florida will burn away all of the germs.

Emily S. said...

I just want to come give you a hug!! I hope your trip to Florida is a relaxing, restorative, problem-free one!

Unknown said...

I hope this trip is just what the doctor prescribes! KNOW I am praying for you. What a cute video. I could watch it all day. Be safe on your trip. I love you all.

grandma said...

Heidi take heart your mother was a rashy one. I had to wash everything in ivory flakes and we will pray that florida does the trick to get your family back to health.

Followers