Friday, July 30, 2010

Boys N' Muffins

The Face of Concentration:



I love watching Zakkai read books:)

```````````````````````````````````````````

Got in a baking mood the other day and made some Applesauce Breakfast Cake. It's always good to have a treat for breakfast! Something is terribly wrong with my oven. But only sometimes. Sometimes it cooks like normal and other times it won't heat to the right temperature. Like the time that I had to bake muffins for 50 minutes.....Or the Applesauce Cake. I was about to give up after 45+ minutes (it was in a small pan and should've cooked in 20-25min!) then Ben suggested turning the oven off and trying again. It worked!

So I remade the Applesauce Cake yesterday into muffins and changed a few of the ingredients to made it better and it worked! And it only took 20 min:) Everyone loved these!!

Applesauce Breakfast Muffins

*Half all ingredients except topping if want to make into a cake instead. Cook in 8 in square pan

Topping:

1/4c. packed brown sugar

2TB butter

1/2 tsp cinnamon

3 TB flour

1/4 cup oatmeal

Muffins:

2 cups flour (I used 1 white, 1 wheat)

2/3 cups brown sugar

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

dash salt

1/2 tsp cinnamon

dash or two of nutmeg

2 eggs, beaten well

1 cup applecause (I use natural, unsweetened)

1/2 cup butter, melted (could use a little less)

Few TB orange juice

1 tsp vanilla

Preparation: Makes 14 muffins

1. Mix topping ingredients together in small bowl and set aside

2. In medium bowl, mix dry ingredients. In lg bowl, mix together wet ingredients until well blended. Add flour mixture to wet ingredients and stir until wet.

2. Prepare muffin pans and add batter to pans. Sprinkle topping over all muffins. Dot muffin tops with butter (will explain how I do it below!)

3. Bake at 350 degrees for 20 min or until inserted toothpick comes out clean! Very yummy!

*Whenever I dot the tops of muffins or coffee cake with butter, I use about 1 TB of butter. I slice it into thin slices (not so thin it'll crumble) and cut each slice into 9 teeny tiny squares. I put 3 tiny pieces on each muffin top. It adds just enough flavor to make it yummy and is just enough to melt the topping!!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

yummy I will definitely try these! :)

mommyoflove3 said...

I hope they turn out well for you!!

Followers