Thursday, July 1, 2010

Getting Ready!

Wow, I didn't realize it was so late! I have been so busy today cleaning, keeping the chilluns out of trouble and packing! We also got a visit from some friends of our this afternoon, one of whom moved away from Chicago last year. It was like the boys had never seen company before! They seriously talked NON-STOP, pestering our friends for attention, until I banished them to the front porch with bubbles.

Note to self: Bubbles+boys=several minutes of peace! Worth the mess.

I finally met another one of our neighbors tonight! We met the husband and he isn't the friendliest guy around town, not un-friendly, just not very...welcoming. So then I got all nervous to meet his wife, assuming she would be the same way. Wrong, Heidi! She was so nice and wanted to know all about the boys and said their noise doesn't bother her a bit:) I felt really relieved to have that "dreaded" introduction over with! Now hopefully we can get to know them. We have no one living directly below us yet but it will be someone in the landladies' family. They are rehabbing the place first. And there is one other person living in the garden unit, who is somewhat reclusive (as in no one ever sees her) and gets tons of mail!

Once we get back from Ohio, we will resume looking for a new church. Not an easy process! I am really looking forward to getting to know people and being a part of a community. I am really hoping that we can find somewhere by the end of summer before school starts and baby comes. Our year always starts in September (academic year) so it would feel nice to really be settled in! I admit I can hardly wait for the fall! Apple-picking, having quiet mornings to myself (although I will be really sad to have both my boys in school:( and of course, the arrival of Baby! I'm not wishing the summer away because it is so nice to spend time outside at parks and in the sun with my buddy boys and time passes all too quickly anyways. You snap your fingers and suddenly your baby boy is five. Sniff.

Anyways, I'd better get to bed! We leave bright and early tomorrow! The boys are so stinkin' excited, they can hardly stand it! Zakkai has made all sorts of plans to help Mugga in her garden and drive her toy bulldozers and Samuel just wants a birthday party and wants to know what kind of plants Mugga is growing. I had to break the news to him tonight that, no, Mugga isn't growing a sausage plant.

Some guys would love that though, wouldn't they?

No comments:

Followers