Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer time fun!

I tried really really hard to go air-conditioning-less for several hours today! But when I came home from 2 + hours at the laundromat, sweating and miserable, I had to give in and turn them back on! And now I'm sitting here, blissfully cool reading "Jane Eyre" and half watching "America's Got Talent." I know, you are really impressed with my multi-tasking skills!

I have been able to bribe the boys to eat many vegetables since we came back by mentioning that they came from Mugga's garden! The morning we left, the boys helped pick some green beans, peppers and gigantic zucchini; they were so proud:) Z wanted to water the garden all day long!

Ah, what is better on a hot day than sweet, juicy watermelon?! This is my friends adorable little girl, Olivia, tasting her first big slice of watermelon. I'm pretty sure she liked it:)


Those red cheeks match the watermelon! He wasn't sure about going in the water at the water park until he got this hot and after his watermelon snack, he jumped right in the sprinklers!


We got a watermelon yesterday and Ben cut it up and left the container on our little island. The whole afternoon, I had to chase Zakkai out of the kitchen. He's a watermelon monger! As I was making dinner, he would run up behind me, pretending he wanted to be close to me and I would turn around and he would try to smile innocently at me with watermelon juice dripping down his chin:) Gotta love the transparency of kids!

Now I've made my self hungry for watermelon......

No comments:

Followers