Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Cousins

Growing up, our family plus extended family spent a lot of time together, resulting in very close friendships between cousins. There are two groups of cousins in my family: All my sisters and I plus the two oldest cousins from one of my aunts and uncles, totalling 7. Then there was an age gap and the second group (the "younger" generation:) all came along, totally 9. It's so neat to see how close all of the cousins are and how the close relationships continue even as many of us are now grown up.

One of the things that breaks my heart about living so far from family is that my boys don't get a chance to really get to know their cousins, except for 3-4 brief trips home a year. This year though, all 6 of the oldest kiddos really got a chance to play and get to know each other and it was so fun to watch!!


Kiddos playing freeze tag with Uncle Chris and Uncle Tim (who rocks with kids!) Zakkai had no idea what he was doing and just kept running the whole time! haha

Samuel getting "frozen" by Jackson, my oldest nephew:)

Aunt Danielle (my sister) gathering all of the kiddos to present special treats she brought all the way from Colorado just for them: Candy Apples! I think she won big points with that one:)

Danielle and I also got a chance to meet our newest nephew, Jacob last week! AdORAble!!!!
He has dimples when he smiles!!

Cutie in a Bumbo:) He was the result of many play "fights" between two of my aunts, who have an ongoing baby war!


We took all 7 kids to get pictures taken before we left and the pictures turned out SO cute! Add that to my list of photos to scan....

I guess I'd better figure out how to use our scanner instead of bugging Ben all the time:)

2 comments:

Charity said...

I wish I could have seen the new cousins playing together. I probably could have just sat for hours watching those cute kiddos.

Anonymous said...

Oh Heidi such memories. Did't we have fun. Grandpa would drag the chairs and picnic benches down to the street the night before and as you said that morning they drove by saying wake up everyone. Then the whole family showed up and we would march down to our spots to watch the parade. Then as you said the picnic and fire works. Oh how fun. Okay next year I'm going to the parade. We need to make more memories also maybe Niermans will come next year. We can only pray so.

Followers