Tuesday, July 13, 2010

4th of July and 24 weeks!

The 4th of July was so strange this year, being on a Sunday! All the parades and a lot of the fireworks were on Saturday but we didn't have our family picnic until Sunday afternoon. Not to mention, missing some of our family this year.

Growing up, 4th of July was one of my very favorite holidays! My sister(s?), cousins and I would spend the night at my grandparents and wake up to a car driving slowly down the streets proclaiming through a bullhorn strapped to its roof, "Wake up! It's the 4th of July!!" We would get so excited:) And then our entire family would meet at the local parade and follow it up with our picnic bash.

Slowly over the past several years, the family has fizzled out, some being too busy, some claiming they are too old or tired to go to the parade, some preferring to sleep in (sleep in? What's that?!). But last year I decided that my very happy childhood memories were something I wanted to pass on to our kids so we have attempted to revive the parade attending! We had a small showing this year but it was still fun!

Samuel and Daddy:) Samuel was pretty overwhelmed with the noise of a lot of the fire engines and trucks but enjoyed it overall.

Most of the parade, Z sat on the curb waving his flag with a very serious look on his face. My sister thought he was upset but I could see those little wheels in his head turning as he took in all of the sights!

Who doesn't love the cool burly cop on the motorcycle?

I thought the boys would love this since we recently had our fire rally experience:)

This is one of my favorite parts of the parade: the Shriners in their mini cars! They drive around and around in crazy circles blowing their horns. They usually drive up and down the parade so you see them 3 times or so but not this year. It was still fun:)

Attempting a boy cousin shot after the parade but as you can see, a certain child wasn't in the mood for cooperating:) I shall not mention any names....


It was really fun even if it's a little more low-key than my childhood memories:)
``````````````````````````````````````````
Today marks 24 weeks of being pregnant, aka 6 months! All was well at the drs except for the nasty glucose test that was sprung on me. I loathe that test. They hand you a giant glass of either orange or lemon-lime glucose nast to drink and then take your blood an hour later. Today I was honored with lemon-lime which tasted like totally flat sprite loaded with sugar syrup. Yum-mo. Zakkai wanted a taste until I assured him that it was a "nasty drink." It made me have heartburn and feel sloshy for the rest of the drs visit!

Other than that, baby girl and I are growing steadily and feeling great! I am in the happy phase of pregnancy with no sickness like in the beginning and not feeling like I could burst quite yet, like in the end:)


We love to eat though, the two of us:) I have very specific desires for food these days. Guacamole is my latest. I made it for the first time last night and ADORED every bite of it on my tacos! Very strange considering I never liked the stuff before! I also am having quite fond memories of my buttery bites of Auntie Anne's pretzels that I had alongside my sister this past weekend. Mmmm....

That's drs appt #1 for this week. Samuel's 5 yr check-up follows tomorrow (and he's really thrilled about it. Thrilled, I tell you!) I will also try to scan some pics from the ultrasound soon!

3 comments:

Emily S. said...

Yea for that cute preggers belly!!
Glad you're feeling so well! I've definitely entered the "oh, my gosh- I don't think it's possible for me to get any bigger and I still have 10 weeks to go!" phase. :)

mommyoflove3 said...

I was just thinking about you today! I can't believe you barely have any time left (I might be slightly jealous:) 10 weeks will go so fast....and yet so slowly. Haha! Miss you!

Annie said...

Heidi, your baby bump is so adorable!!! I'm so excited for you and Ben to have your baby girl. :)

Followers