Thursday, April 10, 2014

Fruit Roll-ups and Prayers!

 Well, I did it! I made homemade fruit roll-ups. Or fruit strips. Or whatever you call it.


Ta-da! It was actually SO easy. I followed a recipe here. Basically, you puree 3 cups of fresh or frozen fruit, a few TB of honey and a couple tsp of lemon juice, pour it into a saran wrap covered baking pan, spread it around and baked it at 170 degrees for 6 hours. That's it!


The kiddos each ate two, I ate some scraps (cut off the edges to make it nice and neat) and I rolled up the rest for later! I would probably add a little more honey to the mixed berry combo because it's a teeny bit tart but other than that, delicious!

I want to please ask for your prayers for my 10 year old nephew. He is very sick and has been in the hospital since yesterday. The most recent update this afternoon is that he has a rare strain of pneumonia and that/or motrin use caused him to have a really bad reaction causing blisters and sores on his face/mouth. I am not going to say the name of the Syndrome so you won't be tempted to look it up like I did. It's truly awful and very serious! He is on oxygen, morphine and an IV and is having a rough day with all of this. He will not be allowed to go home until he can get off the oxygen and can start eating and drinking. Please pray that he heals quickly and that there is no lasting damage to his eyes or his lungs. And also for my sister and the rest of the family. This has been exhausting for all of them! 

The kiddos and I spent a long time this afternoon trying to find the perfect funny get-well card to send to him to brighten his day. Not as easy as it sounds! We ended up sending a silly video card, hoping to bring him a little smile. Thanks so much!



1 comment:

grandma said...

Hi Heidi, We all are in prayer for J..I pray that today he is so much better..What a ordeal to go through..I know what I went through with Grandpa its not fun..Our family needs prayers..We have been attacked that is for sure..Please Jesus protect our family..Love to All.

Followers