Wednesday, November 7, 2012

He can Read!

Tonight, I read a story with Zakkai in his room and since it was still early, asked him if he wanted to chat for awhile. He thought for a moment and then said, "I know what I want to do! I want to try to read!"

And so, he and I cuddled on his bed and he read half of this book:

 
And I'll tell you why that is so special to me. This was the very first book (and is the original book!) that I read all by myself when I was 5! I got teary listening to him read. He went from not reading at all 2 months ago, to sounding out words like a pro and feeling so proud about what he accomplished.
 
I'm so proud of him and thankful for those special moments.
 
I also want to wish a very Happy Birthday to my wonderful mother-in-law! She is such a sweet, caring person who gives and loves with her whole heart. We are so blessed to have her, to know her and to love her. Happy Birthday!!

1 comment:

Grandma W said...

I am so proud of Z. What a special memory for you - to have him read the very same book you did as a five year old. Thanks for the bday wishes. It made my day yesterday to hear those sweet voices wish me a happy day. Even little E. How precious her little voice was as she very clearly pronounced the words. Love to all.

Followers