Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Flashback!


A little flashback to last November.....



Ah! Who is this little short-haired, glasses-less munchkin! It's so amazing how much they can change in 1 year. Talking, walking, getting into trouble:) Such a darling girl!

I made a very simple but delicious soup tonight that I thought I'd share! It was SO easy and after watching everyone gobble up 2 bowls, I'll definitely be making it again!

Hearty Cannellini and Ham Soup

*I sauteed about half of a small onion in some olive oil (I'm a fairly new onion user and use less onion than most people so keep that in mind!) and added some diced ham; maybe 1 to 1 1/2 cups. When that had sauteed a few minutes, I added a 32oz box of chicken broth (I always use reduced sodium, fat-free, etc) and 2 cups of water with 2 chicken bouillion cubes. Then I stirred in 2 cans (rinsed and drained) of Cannellini beans and 4 cups of shredded cabbage. I stirred it all together, put on a lid and let it cook on med heat for 10-15 minutes until the cabbage was tender.

Served with fresh homemade bread and it was delicious!! I never knew I liked cabbage but I've had it twice recently in meals and it's so good!

Cooking in the winter can be so much fun:)

No comments:

Followers