Friday, February 11, 2011

In a nutshell..

Just a few random things from this week:



1) I came home from the laundromat yesterday with someone else's boxers in my laundry. Gross. Ben picked them up with his foot and threw them in the trash. ha!




2) Zakkai threw a total fit in the store over buying "Berry Kix" because he wanted "Lucky Charms" instead; a cereal that I will never buy them. He swore he did NOT like Berry Kix and would NEVER eat them. He ate a handful this afternoon quite happily:)




3) I was preparing to give Eliana a bath last night and Samuel came in and...how shall we say, "passed some gas." Then had the gall to say, "Ew! Something smells bad!" I said, "It's the toilet because you boys pee everywhere." (I have a daily cleaning battle with the toilet:( ) and he said, "No, it smells like a stinker!" I said, "It must be you then!" He swore it was not and I said it was and then he retorted, "Do you have my bottom?" What a stinker! Literally....




4) Zakkai was sad tonight that he can't play the "Blues" on the guitar like daddy but perked up immediately when I told him that he could learn when he got bigger. That guitar was one of the best gifts we ever gave him! Now what to get him for his bday that's in 9 days...yikes!




5) For his birthday meals, Zakkai has requested and I quote: "Breakfast~yummy eggs, sausage, apples, pears and strawberries. Dinner~Tortellini, sugar snap peas and crepes. Cake~Chocolate with chocolate and vanilla icing and for School Treat~Mini strawberry cupcakes."

Wow! I'd better get busy cooking!



6) We watched Napoleon Dynamite tonight. Never fails to make me laugh!




7) Eliana is adorable.




8) Ben and I have a date planned (hopefully) for Monday and it will be our 3rd or 4th date in a whole year. That's really sad. Babysitting anyone?




9) Zakkai has been playing with our broken cd/tape player (from the 90s:) the past couple of days. (It got broken in the move) He cracks me up! He came out with it and set it up on the floor. Pretending to plug it in by tucking the plug under a chair cushion, pressed a tape player button and started pretending to make music. "Buh, buh, buh, buh, buhbuhbuh, buh, buh." Then changed the volume. "BUH, BUHBUHBUH, BUH, BUH"....turned the volume way down "buh, buh, buh" I'll have to take a video of it. He changes the stations and makes different music for each station:) This kid has imagination!!




10) I really need to go to sleep now:) Isn't that the story of my life?!

No comments:

Followers