Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Organizing

These little boogers are so stinkin' cute that they received gifts from about 401 people this Christmas! Not that they minded..... Of course, as we were on our way to Christmas #3 or was it #4 ? Samuel said, "Not more presents! We already got some!"

It does melt your heart that people love to buy a little something for your children to show them that they love them. Celebrating Christmas with little children around is pretty fun! The problem? 401 presents + smaller car + apartment= wishing for a minivan and a house?

It's always a miracle each year that we are able to fit everything into our car plus the kids! Poor Samuel was covered in things up to his eyeballs at one point:) He said, "Mommy, we have too much stuff!"

The result is a house that looks like a hurricane blew through it! I worked really hard today organizing and making piles of things to throw out, give away and sell and hiding Christmas presents so there will be brand new toys later in the winter! I also bought these really cool vacuum pack bags from Costco that were recommended to me! They are amazing! I have about 42 (okay maybe a little less) containers of baby/kid clothes (can I hear any other mamas say "Amen?") that are filling the boys' closet and under their beds. My friend told me about these bags and I went with a mission today to find them. I emptied at least 6 large bins of clothes today and sealed them up in these bags and fit them ALL under Z's bed where 2 small under the bed containers were before! I have so much room in their closet, it's amazing! If I could do a commercial for these bags, I would!

Now I'm looking around the house for other things I can shrink and seal up:) Ben was very skeptical about these bags until he watched the magic unfold before his very eyes. I have made a believer.

After all my hard work today, the status of my house has reduced from Hurricane to small tornado. I have high hopes that it will be livable again soon!

No comments:

Followers