Friday, December 4, 2009

Dancing Duo and Sad Sickies

*Update! I finally figured out how to convert my video! Enjoy the "Dancing Duo" at the bottom of this post!!!

I thought I would be able to post first thing this morning to make up for yesterday (it's too hard to post Thus nights with housegroup coming here!) BUT my plans were altered when my eldest woke up very sick in the middle of the night. S had a low-grade fever yesterday and a headache but acted fine UNTIL around 2am when I was awakened by a really strange sound.


Once my finely tuned mommy-ear caught wind of strange happenings in the boy's room, I leapt up and went in to find poor Samuel coughing this terrible barking cough. He had over a 101 degree temp, a bad headache, a sorethroat and no voice left! My first thought was croup b/c we've been through that with Z twice now but this was a little different...


I called the dr.'s office first thing this morning and got him an appt. The dr was in "la-dee-da" world and without doing much examining, said it was a virus and to wait it out for up to a week! He was so miserable by the time we got back, that I had to carry him inside:( He took TWO naps today and after the second nap, I could tell he had taken a turn for the worse. He got out of bed and collapsed, complaining of his legs hurting. It took a lot of effort to get him to come out to the living room. Not too long after, when I was at the store stocking up on meds and gatorade, he threw up!


My mommy-instinct tells me this is not just a virus after all, but possibly H1N1, especially since the onset of flu-like symptoms. We had get it sometime, I guess! Anyways, my time and energy is tied up right now with a very sad, very miserable little boy. Pray the rest of us don't get it!!


On top of that Z burned his finger today as we were making something together but now just any finger...it just had to be the finger that he sucks on when going to sleep! Needless to say, much tears and sadness at our house today, extra sleep for Samuel and not as much for poor Zakkai with his little bandaged finger:( We're a mess!


Enjoy the pre-sick/pre-injured video of the boys dancing to one of their favorite Christmas songs: Charlie Brown!!

2 comments:

grandma said...

Oh Heidi, I'm so sorry to hear Samual has H1 virus. I pray now he is feeling so much better. Jordan came down with regular 24 hr. flu. feeling good now. Its that time of year.

Angela Kim said...

oh NOOOO. that sounds absolutely terrible and very scary for you and for samuel as well.

yesterday morning isaiah was throwing up, and thankfully seemed much better after a couple hours of that, but still had a fever--still does today.

but i FREAK out when my kids are sick...
i pretty much keep it inside and stay cool and calm for them, but internally i shake and feel sick with anxiety.

i feel like God has reminded me that I HAVE to continually train my mind to trust Him--especially when I am freaked out about fevers and the flu.

i pray that God would calm you and comfort you in the midst of your fear. and that you would have confidence that you are doing a great job with what you can do, and know that God is with you and your precious son.

love you, dear friend.

praying for you and for healing for samuel.

Followers