Saturday, December 19, 2009

Busy Weekend!

I meant to post last night but after getting home after a failed trip to the zoo, we got busy putting the boys to bed and then I finally finished making some Christmas presents. You can't begrudge me that, can you?

As for the zoo, my friend had the brilliant idea to go with her family to see the lights at the zoo. We loved the idea so much and since our membership is about to expire (sniff, sniff), we decided to drive all the way out to our very favorite zoo in the world. Except we chose to do it on a friday night...in the rain...in traffic....And by the time we arrive, over an hour later, the. zoo. was. closed.

So frustrating. The boys were so disappointed and quite honesty, so was I! At least we got to see some lights on some houses along the way... So we turned around and drove home again, the traffic not being quite as heavy but still taking us 45 minutes. Sigh. Someday I'll get to see those lights at the zoo again. Someday.

Today will be a busy day getting all packed up to head to Ohio again. I feel like we were just there! Oh wait...we were. Anyhoo, gotta pack up the fam, since none of them pack for themselves yet. (I'm working on teaching Ben:) It takes a lot of brain power, of which I don't have much left (!), to remember to bring everything we need for a week. Fan? check. Clothes? check. Diapers for the child who refuses to be potty trained? check. Books to return to family members? Usually remembered halfway to Ohio....

I'd better go make a list! The Thomas Family is Comin' to Town!

1 comment:

grandma said...

we are so excited to have you come for christmas this is such a fun time. And it looks like Christmas SNOW SNOW SNOW. like the song says in White Christma.

Followers