Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Quiet Evening

I have spent such a quiet evening with myself:) It's been a long time since that's happened! It used to be routine (boys sleeping, Ben studying) but this past month and a half have been incredibly busy so we've gotten out of routine. I spent the evening cleaning (woohoo!), watching America's Got Talent, quilting and internetting (can I copyright that?). I dearly love my family but sometimes...silence is Golden. The only thing that would've made it better is a hot bath. Mmmmm...

```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

So there's been a running conversation between Samuel and Zakkai lately, usually at breakfast.
S: "Zakkai! What's your favorite color?"
Z: "My fav'rite color's RED!"
S: "No, Zakkai, your favorite color is orange."

next morning....
S: "Zakkai! What's your favorite color?"
Z, with glee: "My fav'rite color's....RED!"
S, exasperated: "No, Zakkai. Your favorite color is blue."

He'll even sneak it in during random times of the day. "Zakkai's favorite color is green!" or "Zakkai wants the purple one because that's his favorite color." Doesn't he know that he should be flattered by his little brother's adoration? Oh wait. I don't think that has worked with an older sibling. Ever. Zakkai has definitely learned how to pester Samuel and finds great enjoyment out of it, too. Who wouldn't when you get such a glorious reaction?! Now I can see why I was teased so much growing up:) I can remember my mom telling me that my sister loved me and that's why she copied off of me and wanted to do everything I did. Yeah right. I think the whole goal of younger siblings is to drive their older siblings crazy! Sorry, sis, if you're reading this! Love you! (I'm talking about when we were kids!)
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I can't believe how big my boys are getting. I mean really, where did the past 4 years go? That sweet little baby with the blond peach fuzz is now a tall skinny, red-loving, bike-riding, blue/grey eyed 4 year old? Who has a brother? That drives him crazy? I was told today that our boys are going to drive the ladies wild someday. I'm not sure I want them, too but hey, I love the compliment! It makes my mama-heart puff up proudly....as if I had something to do with chiseling out their perfect little noses (thank you, Ben), rosebud lips (again...Ben), blond hair (about time I get some recognition!), big blue eyes (okay:). I was also told today by a man following us out of the produce market that I looked like a teenager and he couldn't believe those children were mine. Thank you. I think...
```````````````````````````````````````````````````````
I'm taking my teenage looking, beautiful baby creating self off to bed now! Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Followers