Wednesday, July 29, 2009

P is for Popsicle!

Who doesn't like a sweet, cool, refreshing popsicle on a hot summer day? I sure do and so do my little boys! Samuel and I have been trying to do special activities together during naptime and today's special mommy-Samuel time was making homemade popsicles!
As you can see, they were thoroughly enjoyed by the Thomas munchkins:)

The Popsicle Maker himself

Fellow Popsicle Eater!
`````````````````````````````````````````````
They were really easy and really delicious! First Samuel threaded the popsicle sticks with fresh, sliced fruit. We used kiwi, strawberries and grapes. I would suggest using the kiwi slices first and pushing them all the way down to the holder, followed by strawberries and grapes as you please! (or any other fruit you love). While Samuel was busy threading (and possibly sneaking fruit), I blended up some frozen peaches, about 1/2 cup of milk, some fresh strawberries and some honey. I filled the popsicle cups about halfway with the blended mixture and then when Samuel was done with the sticks, we pushed them in and froze them! I put the leftover mixture and fruit into an ice cube tray because I only have one popsicle set, courtesy of none other than Target! (Can you hear the bells playing?!)
Result: 2 Happy and Refreshed Boys, a Yummy Summery treat, and peace and quiet for 5 minutes:) Perfect!

2 comments:

MTM said...

Thanks for commenting on my blog! Your boys are super cute :)

Tom and Eileen Rider said...

Ben! Heidi! Great idea on the popsicles. We gotta try it later. Neat to see the boys enjoying life. You both are such super parents! Tom & Eileen

Followers