Monday, July 13, 2009

Chickie Sayings and other things

See S's new red big boy bike in the corner?!

My boys are really funny. Of course, maybe all moms think that! Here are a few chickie sayings to brighten up your Monday:)
Samuel: "Zakkai! How do you spell airplane?"
Zakkai, very confidently: "H-A-I!"
``````````````````````````````````````````
Zakkai: "Dat's not my bellybutton! Dat's a cherry!" Hmmm...
`````````````````````````````````````````````
Samuel: "Mommy, come here!! Zakkai is getting me into trouble!" Good one, Samuel.
`````````````````````````````````````````````
Daddy, looking at baseball online: "Oh, the Reds have off tonight."
Samuel: "And the Blues have on!"
`````````````````````````````````````````````
Zakkai, exclaiming excitedly, "Dere you are!!" to every stranger who walked through the door of our building:)


``````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
The boys and I had our first Ikea experience today! My friend recently acquired a minivan and invited us to join her and her little boy. What a cool store!! I saw so many things that I need desperately to make my life so much better. It's a good thing I have no money:) Before I left Ben said, "Remember Heidi, we are poor." As if I needed the reminder! Well, maybe a little one:)


Remember all those silly personal goals I had for this year? Things like: catch up on scrapbooking and finish my quilt? Going to the library totally ransacks my plans! When I get a new book in my hands, it's so hard to do anything else. Have I mentioned that I love to read? Since Thursday, I have read 4 books. And that's pretty slow for me! It's not like I have other things to do like raising children, loving my husband, cleaning the house, having company over....oh wait. I may not have touched my scrapbooks and quilt this past week but I did make a jean skirt! It was really easy and fun. I've been looking for a short jean skirt for awhile but these days, a "short" jean skirt basically means tight skirt-like underwear. Not exactly the image I'm going for....

The 4th of July parade!

Zakkai's face the entire parade:)

In other goals, I've been sticking to my workouts. Woohoo! I'm beginning to hate, er, strongly dislike Jillian Michaels. She is a tough cookie! But I'm also thankful because I can tell a difference in the way I feel and look. She isn't kidding when she says she's shredding you! I hope to be moving on to Workout 3 soon. Although, can I admit to you? I am slightly terrified....

I'm off to ruin my workout and eat some chocolate! Happy Monday!

2 comments:

Emily S. said...

Which workout video are you using? I'm looking for a new one to try- my vhs tapes from the 90's are getting a little old!

mommyoflove3 said...

you make me laugh! I have several of them, even one from the 80s with some great hair and outfits:) My newest one is Jillian Michael's (Biggest Loser) "30 Day Shred." 20 minute workouts but killers! I'd recommend it!

Followers