Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Voice

1:56pm. The voice I heard calling from the boys' bedroom:

"Moooooooooommmmmmy! It's morning time! I want to wake uuuuuppp!"

3 second pause.

"I don't hear your vooooiiicce! You're not answering meeeee!"

2 second pause.

"Moooooooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy! I want to wake UPPPP! Moooommmy. I want to wake up!"

Long pause in which I heard soft murmerings and occasional bangs and began to be suspicious. Suddenly I heard knocking coming from the inside of the door.

The knocking continued for several seconds while I got up to investigate. I found my youngest, with rays in hand, informing me that naptime was over and he was ready to get up. Some toys were strewn about the room and as I led him back to bed, informing him that it was NOT over....much screaming ensued.

I went back to the living room and after a moment or two the screaming abruptly stopped and then:

"Mommy! I hear that it's time for me! It's time for me to wake up. Yeah!"

So much for naptime. The end.

No comments:

Followers