Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Field Trip

This morning Samuel and I took off super early for school for a field trip! Samuel always looks forward to the field trips that I tag along on:) We went here! We have never been to this museum before. It was a pretty long bus ride which made me thankful that I don't have to ride buses anymore!

I was in charge of 4 rambunctious preschoolers, including my eldest. One of the boys in my group, Michael, is Samuel's beloved friend whom he talks about all the time! (i.e. He wants us to name the baby "Michael" if it's a boy!) He is a very ornery busy boy but very cute. It's "But Michael said this" and "Michael brought this" and "Michael did this" all the time. He even wanted me to call Michael's mommy a few weeks ago just to find out if Michael was bringing a certain toy car to school. Peer pressure begins. But I digress.

The museum was a lot of fun and definitely one that I would recommend for those living in/around Chicago! There was a Dominick's grocery store for the kids to shop in, a pet vet, water works, even a Potbelly! They have pics of all of these on their website. Too cute.

It was SO exhausting keeping up with all of the kiddos. Counting 4 heads at each station, making sure they were listening, potty breaks, lunchtime.....At least 7 of the preschoolers fell asleep on the way back and I almost joined them:) Thankfully they all had seatbelts because one poor little slumbering boy almost fell off his seat!!

Even Samuel, who doesn't nap anymore, almost fell asleep as I drove back to our house. And I may or may not have snuck in a nap while letting the boys watch "Curious George." But I'm not admitting to anything!

Meanwhile, Daddy and Zakkai went on some "missions" today. Ben was trying to get Z to be excited about staying home with him and missing out on the field trip so he told him they had some "missions." Before he could even explain, Zakkai said, "Bbbbbut but daddy, your missions hurt my ears!" What a character!

They got to do laundry (woohoo!) and take a busride down to campus for Ben to pick up a few things. They had some very interesting conversations about dinosaurs, puppies and fires, of which I may have to share soon. We have a child with a giant imagination!

Off to get some rest after a busy day!

No comments:

Followers