Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Goooood Morning...

Around 5:45 this morning, I was woken up by a strange moaning, half-crying sound. I rushed into the boys' room to find Samuel sleeping peacefully and Zakkai thrashing around on his bed. He was not fully awake but started telling me his tummy hurt. He sounded congested and felt like he had a low-grade fever.

I got him some water and some tylenol, thinking he had woken up with the same cold that I did. I went back to bed after tucking him in and just as I tried to drift off to sleep, I heard him moaning and talking again. I let it go for a little while but then he started crying and I decided to take him out to the living room to rest with me since we were both feeling miserable.

I had just carried him out and gotten a nice couch bed set up for us when he sank to the ground crying and then started coughing. Fearing and knowing he was about to throw-up, I raced madly into the kitchen for a bowl! I was too late... Poor buddy was so pale but started talking immediately after finishing getting sick. And didn't stop for the rest of the day.

Even though he started out the morning so roughly, he actually did really well today, just a runny nose. I, on the other hand, have a classic case of the cold: runny nose, slightly sneezy, aching head and face. So fun. Z and I spent a low key day at home today trying to nurse ourselves back to health:) Boy those 2 naps were nice!

Since there were no great photo ops today, I thought I'd post a pic of my chunky monkey just over 3 years ago. Hard to believe he's so big now and has such blond hair!!



Samuel tried to claim sickness to stay home from school today (a new ploy) because he was nervous about today's Pajama Day! He has been so excited for a week now and has been deciding on a different pair of pj's everyday...until today! He completely refused to wear any pajamas and dressed himself in regular clothes. But, being the all-knowing mummy that I am, I figured that he might change his mind when he saw all of his friends (esp Michael:) wearing jammies! Sure enough, he came home in his snuggly dinosaur pajamas:) They all brought their favorite blankets in and built forts, read books under them and ate popcorn.

Almost makes me wish I was in preschool again! Oh wait...I never went.....

1 comment:

grandma said...

I am so sorry you are ill. Not fun. Also wanted you to know I do read your blogs. LOve them so. I am calling you today.

Followers