Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Many Things

Are on my mind. First: Zakkai is silly.

But then, you already knew that.

And so does he apparently.


This child lives for attention!

Second: I am desperate for food. REAL food. No more oatmeal (I don't like you, oatmeal! I never did!), No more mashed potatoes (I will choke if I have to eat you again!), No more protein drinks (Can't even face the thought), No more Campbell's soup (Ugh!). It's weird because I am eating "sick people" foods and I am not sick! My stomach feels just fine.....well, mostly. It felt fine until today and now I think it's rebelling against me. My stomach is saying, "Feed me!" Seriously, I am so ready to eat some bread, a nice sandwich, some pretzels, fruit (Oh, fruit!), vegetables, cheese...anything!

The problem? My mouth is still way too tender. I finally started feeling like I am healing yesterday afternoon and today. Past the point of raw, sharp pain to...tender, sore, fragile pain. And it's very hard to eat everything on one side of your mouth. Try it sometime! I tried some macaroni last night and it took me at least 30 min to eat maybe 1/4 a cup. Then I gave up. Sigh. We will see what the dr says when I go for my follow-up tomorrow.

Third: I worked on my quilt for the first time in a couple of months tonight. I seem to go through phases with working on it. I suppose I've been distracted with all of the sickness plaguing our household but still. It felt nice to work on it again. Maybe I'll actually finish it this year!

Fourth: I baked for the first time today since last week. It's very hard to cook when you know you won't be eating it (very hard) but I wanted my boys to have a little something special for breakfast. I heard it was good:) Someday I will try it and let you know! But for now Ben and the boys give it an A+!

Mini Maple Chocolate Chip Pancake Muffins

1 c. flour

1 tsp baking powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

2 TB sugar

2/3 c. buttermilk

1 egg

2 TB pure maple syrup

2 TB melted butter

1/2 c. milk chocolate chips

more maple syrup for dipping

Preparation:

1. Preheat oven to 350 and grease and/or line a 24 cup mini muffin pan.

2. Combine dry i ngredients in a medium bowl. Stir together with whisk. In another bowl, combine wet ingredients. Add to dry ingredients and stir until just combined.

3. Stir in chocolate chips, reserving a few to sprinkle on top of muffins before placing in oven.

4. Bake 8-9 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean. Let cool slightly before removing from pan.

5. Serve immediately with a small bowl of maple syrup for dipping! Enjoy!

No comments:

Followers