Sunday, August 9, 2009

I've Got My "A" Game on!!

The first week of Alphabet Letters is done! Here is what we did and learned:

"A" is the first letter of the alphabet
(meet our new alphabet wall!)

"A" is for animals!


The boy's special alphabet notebooks which will hold a craft/picture of each letter of the alphabet...
"A" is for shake "Em up Apple Snacks!
(Thinly slice apples and place in small sandwich bags. Add a teaspoon of cinnamon and sugar and close bag. Let kids "Shake 'em up" and enjoy!)

*"A" is also for Attitude. Samuel could not be in the snack picture because he was convinced that he did not like cinnamon and sugar and therefore decided to have a conniption. He fought the law and the law won. He ate the apples.

*"A" is for airplanes! We took a trip down by the Midway Airport to watch some airplanes land and take off. One airplane flew right over our car as it was landing, which ended our trip until I could convince S that airplanes do not land on cars....Our airplane hunt was also followed by a quick trip to Auntie Anne's Pretzels.....which was purely for selfish reasons since I absolutely ADORE those soft, chewy, buttery, melt in your mouth pretzels....And the ones with cinnamon and sugar? Oh my mouth is watering now! Anyways, the moral of the story is "A" is for Auntie Anne's...I mean Airplanes. Whatever.

* "A" is also for asparagus (that was reluctantly eaten by the boys), applesauce, apples, applesauce muffins, air conditioners (since it's 96 degrees outside!), Apes, Alligators, Awesome (we had cool stickers with Awesome printed on them), and "Arthur's Chicken Pox" (a great book found at my thrifty thrift store adventure, that made Samuel claim itchy-ness and a sudden case of the chicken pox...luckily I'm pretty smart and I guessed pretty quickly that he was A-okay!)

*We're having a great time discovering the alphabet and look forward to starting "B" week tomorrow!!

2 comments:

Angela Kim said...

oh my gosh. i am TOTALLY going to copy your idea. I really like that you're doing it with the boys together...so I think I'll wait until Isaiah's a bit older. Or maybe, Can I send Elliot to your house to join in on all the letter learning this time around? Hm. I suppose we'd have to live in Hyde Park...or (as nice as that sounds)...you could move back to Columbus! Yeah! I think that will work a little better for Insoo's job. See if it will work for Ben. :)

Liizzy said...

You'll be all the way through the alphabet by the time I'll be copying... but you can bet I will be!

Followers