Thursday, August 20, 2009

Family!

Sooooo sorry I have been a blogging bum this week! I have been incredibly busy these past 6 or 7 days to the point where I reached my limit on Wednesday and fell into a sound sleep on the floor during Samuel's rest time. I think I remember him trying to lift my eyelids up and get me to talk to him....could've been a dream...

We have several family members coming into town tomorrow! My grandparents, my parents, a cousin and one of my sisters and her youngest son. It'll be a fun-filled weekend, probably filled with lots of stories and laughter. My family likes to tell stories. And laugh.

At dinnertime tonight, Samuel leaned forward and his eyes got huge and round like something special was about to explode out of his mouth. His sparkling eyes darted back and forth between Ben and I and he said, "Mommy and Daddy, guess what? I have something e'citing to tell you. (insert brief dramatic pause) Mugga and Papa are coming tomorrow!!" He's so darn cute! He is thrilled to pieces over his Mugga and Papa (my mom and stepdad) coming to see his home!

So besides preparing for family coming (how long has it been since I've dusted this piano??!/ I have to clean behind the toilet and change the shower curtain liner/ clean out the refrigerator/ vacuum under the couches/ oh so much to do!:) and doing a little extra cleaning, I also watched a little boy all day Monday and Tuesday (9 hrs each day!) among regular weekly things. Can we say tiiiii--rrrrred?

And here I am still up at 10:45pm.... So please excuse me if you don't hear much from me until Sunday. I'm bummin' around Chi-town with my family!

1 comment:

grandma said...

Your apt looked wonderful. The dinner Sat. night was just perfect. Didn't we have fun you took some very good pictures. i loved seeing my house. Tears of Joy. Thank you sweet Heidi for everything. Your such a great hostess. And I might add Ben is a great host. Your blog made me cry. Your beautiful words. Oh Heidi I love you so.

Followers