Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Chocolate Makes the Crummies go AWAY!

I thought I'd share a couple of really yummy new recipes I've made in the past couple of days! I'm having a really crummy night so I thought posting about chocolate would cheer me up (and you, too, if you need it!)

First is this yummy Roast recipe! I don't do roast very often for a few reasons like: a. it costs a lot and b. it's a hunk of nasty raw meat. ugh! But I suppose it's not quite so nasty once it's cooked up in a yummy recipe like this one:)

Roast Beef Sandwiches Au Jus
1 1/2 lb London broil (didn't use this cut of meat but any beef hunk will work:)
1 (.15oz) pkg au jus gravy mix
1 (.15oz) pkg brown gravy mix
3 cups water

Preparation:
1. Trim fat off meat (or wait until it's cooked). Place meat in crockpot. Sprinkle gravy mixes on meat and add 3 cups of water. Stir around to dissolve gravies into water. Cook on low 4 hours or until tender and cooked through.
2. Slice or shred meat and return to sauce. Serve meat on toasted buns (used sesame). Serve with BBQ sauce, if desired (would recommend!)
*I served it with fresh green beans and apple slices. Simple and Delicious! (have I ever mentioned that's one of my favorite magazines? No? Well, don't worry! I will!)

Chocolate Chocolate Chip Cookies (No that's not a typo!)
1 cup butter, softened
1 1/2 c. white sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
2 c. all-purpose flour
2/3 c. cocoa powder
3/4 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
2 c. semisweet chocolate chips (I used Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips)

Preparation:
1. Preheat oven to 35o degrees.

2. In lg bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine dry ingredients and mix into butter mixture until well blended. Stir in chocolate chips.
3. Drop by rounded tsp onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake 8 min or until just set. Cool slightly on sheets before transferring to container. YUM!

And I'd tell you about the yummy Corn Chowder I made in the crockpot except....it wasn't yummy. It was downright nasty. It hated me and I hated it. So I can't tell you about it. And I always know when Ben doesn't ask for seconds that he didn't really care for it either.

He didn't ask for seconds.

1 comment:

Devin said...

Heidi,

So thrilled you decided to 'de-lurk' and say hello!

One of my favorite things about blogging is meeting new friends. I love it! So glad to add another face/blog to the list! Hopefully we'll talk again very soon--email me anytime!!

Followers