Friday, February 20, 2009

Happy 2nd Birthday!

Dear Zakkai Nathaniel,

February 20th, 2007 is the day you made your entrance into the world! A 7lb 4/12 oz screaming baby BOY!! From the moment you were born, you have been filled with spunk and life. You make your needs known and you have the orneriest little spirit I have ever seen:) I love to see your bright smile and the way you stare right into my eyes with your baby blues!

You have captured my heart with your sweet softness, your chubbiness, your love for your brother, your sweet giggle and a million other little things that make you YOU! God knew exactly what He was doing when He knit you together in my tummy.

We love your name, special boy, and chose it with love. Your name is Hebrew and means "Pure; Righteous; Innocent." It is unique and it fits you:) You call yourself "Kai" and have very definite ideas of who you are and what you want! I am guessing that is a trait that will stay with you as you get older. I hope that you pour all of the passion and energy inside you into your love for God!

You are most definitely a two-year old! You started little tantrums long ago and often fill the house with your ear-piercing screams:) But our home is also filled with your laughter and squeals and the pitter-patter of your running feet; your humming as you hold "rays" and suck your little finger and your sweet breathing as you snuggle close. And those are sounds I will cherish forever, little Z.

We thank God for you, little man, and pray that He grants us wisdom, peace, patience and love as we raise you and Samuel. We want you to grow up to be loving, gentle, kind, respectful, life-filled and most of all a child of God. As I write this, I hear daddy reading a birthday story to you and tucking you in for a nap. I can picture you like you are everyday, all snuggled in bed with your blankies surrounding you and that sweet little finger in your mouth. Sweet dreams, my precious son. Mommy and Daddy love you!
Love,
Mommy

No comments:

Followers