Wednesday, October 1, 2008

A Day of Firsts

Today was a day of some firsts. Today Zakkai said, "Sayuel!" (Samuel) for the first time. I thought he said, "Mule" a few months ago but maybe I was mistaken:) Anyways, Samuel was ECSTATIC!! His face lit up and he said, "Mommy, I just love when Zakkai says my name!" And Zakkai proceeded to say it about 18 more times....

And today Zakkai started giving kisses!! Real kisses. I was playing with the boys and layed down on the ground and he bent over and started kissing my face:) Of course that led to Samuel competing for kisses but a mommy can never have too many kisses from her angels!

And we also met to play with a new friend and her son for the first time. It was a wonderful visit and now the boys have a new friend! They behaved very well except for a strange lapse in their manners when they gobbled up their snack like a couple of wild animals but I guess that could have something to do with the fact that they simultaneously decided to refuse dinner last night......just a guess!



I know I posted these pictures earlier this summer but I just wanted to show you again what BUDDIES these two boys are. They spend every waking moment together and now Samuel has started speaking for them collectively and calling them "these guys." "Mommy, these guys don't like soup." or "Mommy, these guys need a snack." or "These guys need to go outside.." These guys copy off everything the other one does. Sometimes that's a good thing....and sometimes it's not! I'm so glad they are buddies though. It's something I prayed for when Zakkai was in my tummy and I'm so thankful that they have a built in buddy for life!

No comments:

Followers