Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Mommy moments...

I have a bonified medical condition called....mommy-brain. And I'm not the only one out there that has it either (as scary as that is!) I find myself forgetting how to spell or say the simplest words and I always was a great speller(!!!), I cannot remember ANYTHING anymore: I forget to call or email people, forget about remembering appointments and I'm lucky I can remember my children's names! I have to make lists for everything, including lists to remember my lists!! Never in my life have I been so good about marking things on my calendar: Birthdays? Appts? Events?
Being a mother is, at times, very humbling. Your child could have a screaming tantrum in a store (been there, done that), could say something personal very loudly in public (done that, too!) or you could experience what I experienced today. I have no idea where little boys pick up their nasty habits. Really, I have NO idea because I have no brothers and never thought I'd be a "boy-mom!" So, Samuel has picked up the habit of spitting lately and he when he wakes up and is waiting for me to come in, he spits on the floor and on the bookshelf at the end of the bed....I have stepped in it! He spits out on the playground. It's disgusting!! And today, we were visiting a friend and just before we walked out of her door, he SPIT on her floor!!! Right on the rug! I was SO mortified! I made him apologize and gave him a very long, stern lecture and warning of punishment when we got back downstairs. I mean, spitting on someone else's floor??!! I am so thankful to still have her friendship! Boys!
And before I think too much of these nasty boy-things, I will tell you some cute things the boys have been up to. Zakkai has started to count. He surprised me the other day by chiming in when we were counting with Samuel and beating us to the number 4! You forget that he's listening sometimes:) I already mentioned how much he is talking and one of my favorite words that he says is "monkey" because he says, "bonkey-me". It makes me laugh everytime!
Samuel's imagination has been growing! We make up stories together now and the other night made up one about a bear. We asked Samuel to choose the bear's name. After much thought and deliberation, he chose "Fred." So then a minute into the story, we get to Fred bear's little brother and we have to choose a name for him too. It didn't take long for Samuel to decide that Fred Bear's little brother would be called..."Hoteywater......" Yes, I am not exactly sure where that name came from but we had quite a grand story with Fred and Hoteywater:) He also makes up words randomly and when asked what they mean, comes up with the most elaborate meanings you've ever heard! For example, the other day he came up with the word "chibidibadoo" which (according to this 3 year old) means "that the construction vehicles are resting and they aren't working and they go in the parking lot and ..." Wow, we'll all have some big vocabulary here soon! Too bad no one else will understand us:)
Samuel is also really wants to help me these days. He wants to wash the dishes (yes!) and help cook. He made rice last night and chose our dinner veggie and actually ate all of his dinner (praise, the Lord!!) I must take full advantage of this phase before it leaves! I keep telling him that we'll make cookies together. Maybe that's a good activity for a fall weekend;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I Laughed so hard I had tears in my eyes over the "spitting"! I never had that problem with you girls, but a few burps were heard occasionally.

Anonymous said...

I am like Grandma-I can't figure out what I just did...

Followers