Tuesday, March 3, 2015

In Like a Lion..

 We had such a busy weekend following our busy week last week! On Saturday, we got up and drove to the United States Airforce Museum, which is a little over an hour away to meet some good friends of ours from way back in the day from Chi-town:) Now we only live a couple hours apart and are trying, through sicknesses and weather to meet up every so often!


On the drive, Eliana drew this cute little picture. I rotated it but it reverted back for some reason so just tip your head to the left and try not to feel silly:) It's a monkey wearing red shoes and juggling strawberries and that is his pet monster next to him!


The museum was very cool and the boys, especially were really excited to go! (okay, you can't tell that from the picture but they really did have a good time!) They are standing by a huge landing gear wheel:)


There were enormous planes inside and so many interesting historical facts! You honestly could spend 3 days there to take it all in...



We went underneath a huge bomber plane and this was looking up inside it. It was a little scary being underneath! The funny thing was, I ran into an old friend of my mom's while we were underneath the plane! It was a strange place to meet someone from the past;)



A nuclear bomb.

It was a lot of fun and we will definitely be going back!

We woke up to lots of snow on Sunday and it took us quite awhile to shovel and get everything cleared off to go to church. We went early to participate in a meal packing event for the poor. It was a lot of fun! We are so glad we can do things like this as a family; even Eliana had a little job! The goal was to pack 750,000 meals over 5 days and they were over 650,000 at the end of our shift! Very cool.

 In the late afternoon, when Z and I got back from my office cleaning job (he was my chosen helper for the week!) we went outside to build snowmen, since the snow was great for packing! Samuel worked hard to roll a huge bottom!


Samuel and his snowbuddy:)


Z and I had to help him lift the middle on because it was heavy!


Eliana and I built a little mini snow"girl," complete with raisin eyes and a carrot nose! She was very proud of that snowman.


And Zakkai couldn't stop long enough to look at me for a picture! He was building a snowfort and took a break here to build a table and chairs:) Such an imagination!
 
Unfortunately, some little 6th grade punks decided it would be great fun on their way home from the bus yesterday to kick down both of our snowmen and throw them all over the yard. I wasn't quick enough to get out there and yell at them (and I would have!!) but I did get to the door fast enough to watch them walk down the street and took note of the address of one of them.
 
We paid a little visit to his house once I collected the boys from the bus stop and asked for an apology. He denied taking part in it but I got my 2 cents in and then had to pray to let it go. That kind of stuff makes me SO mad because it shows such thoughtlessness and lack of compassion for others. And it affects my kids, who were innocently having fun! Grrr.....


A little pic of all the shoveled snow piled in my grandparent's yard. They'll have snow til June!

Don't they say that March comes in like a lion??

No comments:

Followers