Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Today

I'm going to keep it short and sweet tonight as I have a nasty headache and am congested. I need all the sleep I can get!!

~Took the baby to the dr's for her check-up today and she weighs in at a whopping 8lbs 14.5oz! She gained 1 lb 10oz in two weeks! She also grew an inch. Needless to say, the dr isn't worried about her at all:) Our little porker..

~The boys both had conferences at school for report card day. Zakkai got to show us different things in his classroom. He hemmed and hawed for awhile but finally sang a song for us, showed us how he does his job as a "light helper" and a few other things. We even got to peek in his journal at his drawings and stories. He doesn't usually draw pictures for us~just scribbles so it was fun to see that he is developing that skill! Of course 90 % of his drawings were about ghosts....what an imagination...what a  kid!

~Samuel's teacher is SO pleased with how he is doing! She said he has really opened up and is mature and taking initiative to help his classmates. She said they even pick him most days to read about the weather and calendar! It was really fun to hear about his progress. He has been working hard! He read "Goodnight Moon" the other night to Zakkai, Eliana and I and is incredibly proud, as he should be!

~Went grocery shopping with the Little Birdie today during naptime. She slept the entire time out....until about 5 minutes from home when she started screaming because she was desperately hungry. Let me tell you that it is a pretty horrible feeling to not be able to comfort your baby while she/he is crying so hard. When I finally got home and climbed back to get her (we didn't make it inside before I had to feed her!), her eyes were wet and red-rimmed. I got all teary and started apologizing to her. Hey, what's a mama supposed to do?! I really don't like moments like that.

~Getting nervous about my solo-parenting adventure this weekend! I hope it goes by quickly and I really hope the boys are well-behaved!

~7 more days til we leave for Ohio!!

No comments:

Followers