Friday, November 19, 2010

The randomness that is me today..

Sometimes there is so much going on that it is hard for me to make my words flow and connect the dots. Only fragmented bits and pieces come to mind or maybe my mind is just fragmented! Here are a few bits and a few pieces, too of our last two days:)

*Yesterday was a really tough day. Realized that it isn't just the boys who have had to adjust to life as a family of 5 but Ben and I, too. It isn't so easy to get things done or balance time and at certain times of the day (hello, dinnertime) is very overwhelming. On top of that, Eliana came down with her first cold and was SO miserable and fussy:( She was coughing and congested. She is doing a little better today but still incredibly congested. Poor baby.
*Tried to catch up on things before Ben left like grocery shopping and laundry and small errands that aren't easy when you have to buckle/unbuckle 3 kids into the car!

*I wasn't home today from 7:45am-2:00pm. After taking the boys to school, E and I joined Zakkai on a "walking field trip" to the new nearby library. Then we rushed home to help Ben pack and drove him to the airport. After saying goodbye, we drove to Target for a couple last minute purchases and immediately drove to pick up Samuel from school. He begged and begged to play after school with his best friend Peter but I had to put my foot down and plead exhaustion!!

*Speaking of "best friends"...Zakkai told me out of the blue yesterday that I am his best friend:) He has been so affectionate with me lately and came up to me yesterday and said, "Can I give you a hug, Mommy?" I gladly accepted and told him I needed it!!

*Speaking of Zakkai...I always check on him and Samuel before bed each night and lately have found him either half-clothed or naked. He gets really warm when he sleeps yet can't resist wearing snuggly footsie jammies. One night, I found him with his jammies stripped down to his ankles. I removed them and put a shirt on him and in the morning he questioned me accusingly as to why his jammies were off! He wanted his jammies on his feet! He's naked tonight...

*Making gingerbread houses with my boys tomorrow. They are SO excited. I am cheating and using graham crackers but we are making gingerbread cookies later. I am glad to make a memory with them and give them something fun to look forward to this weekend! And I need something to look forward to:)

*Tonight the boys made their own pizzas and then we watched "Benji" while we ate! They really enjoyed the movie. Samuel swore he wasn't going to like it but was totally in to it. They both asked about 204 questions during the movie:)

*I got birth announcements finally! I almost got some online and then waited because it was too expensive, only to check a few days later and the website was offering 2 free boxes! I got the free ones and then the rest I got from one of their least expensive options. When I went to check-out, the price dropped if I chose store pick-up and when I went to get them today, the lady gave me a $3 coupon discount, bringing my total for 40 birth announcements to just over $8!! The price would normally have been at least $40. I was really happy!

*And last but not least in my pickled, fried brain...I miss my husband. I am so glad that he gets to go and present his paper and market himself but I am selfishly very sad to have him go, too. I feel safe when he is around and not to mention, 3 kids is easier to handle with 2 loving parents!!

*1/2 a day down, 3 more to go...

No comments:

Followers