Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Today the boys and I have had such a nice day! Virtually no screaming, fighting, time-outs...wow! Project Samuel-stay-in-bed is coming along nicely. Last night, I told him that if he got out of bed, he would lose the privilege of sleeping in his big boy bed and have to sleep in the pack n' play. I let the boys giggle and talk (and jump) in their beds for 1/2 hour and then came in, tucked them in and told them it was time to settle down and go to sleep and voila! Silence!

Today we were able to get out of the house. We went to a little shopping center and walked around and then came home and enjoyed lunch together (Panera!) and then naptime. Ah..I love days like this! Samuel is practicing writing his abc's right now and Zakkai is coloring (or putting crayons in and out of the box). Here are some funny boy sayings of the past few days:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
We were playing with small legos (a new FAVORITE around here) and building construction vehicles (what else!) and Samuel said,
"Mommy! Look I have the biggerest construction vehicle ever!!"
"The biggerest?!"
"Yes, the biggerest!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sometimes the funniest things Samuel says are when he's not quite paying attention or mishears me. I can't help but laugh and he stares at me, bemused, until I tell him what's so funny. Today we were preparing for naptime and I had a library book ready. I told Samuel we were going to read "Little Red Riding Hood." He said, "Huh? Little Red Riding Hut?"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zakkai lifted the lid and started banging on the piano the other day and Samuel gasped and exclaimed, "Mommy! Your piano runned out of tim!" I started laughing so hard I couldn't even answer him and asked him to repeat it and then gently corrected him, "Yes, Samuel, my piano is out of tune!"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Zakkai has been very agreeable lately! Two just might be a good age for him:) He agrees very sweetly with everything we say and says, "Uh-huh" in a sweet, high voice. On the flip side, this week, he has also started saying, "Don't you...! emphatically in front of every sentence. He caught me off guard the first time he said it to me when I took something from him that I didn't want him to have. He said, "Don't you take dat from me!" I looked at him in disbelief! I asked him to say it again and he was most obliging. "Don't you...!"

No comments:

Followers