Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Leaving Home and Girly Things!

Samuel started packing up the shopping cart today and encouraging Zakkai to help. He said, "Mommy, we're going on a trip! We have to pack up all of our toys to take on our trip. C'mon, Zakkai! Pack up the toys!" I asked where they were headed and he said, "Ohio. We're going to see Mugga and Pappa and Grandma! And we'll be back in free (3) weeks!"

How cute are these?!! I'm sorry, I am so darn proud of my latest crafty adventure, I thought I must share! It's so nice to be back into doing girly things again after my long haiatus (more on that in a sec)! These two onesies are for a friend due in 3 weeks with her second child. She has absolutely nothing for this baby so we're having an impromptu baby shower for mom's group tomorrow. Do you think she'll like these?? I really hope so:) Next, I'm doing 3 more onesies for my friend back in Ohio who just had a baby girl on Friday. Oh, I love girly things!
And, I'm getting back into cooking now that I'm mostly normal! I cooked my first roasted chicken on Saturday surrounded by carrots and red potatoes. Mmmm..it was a big hit! I accidentally got a really....really...large bird, like 7 lbs large. What did they feed that thing! So we had plenty (PLENTY) of extra meat for shredded chicken tacos the next night (so good!) and tonight I'm adding some of the chicken into some Parmesan and Romano Cheese Rice. Delicious! I may even start posting a couple recipes here and there for anyone interested. Recipes are my obsession; my recipe box is so full that I cannot fit another recipe in there...but still I keep on adding more:)
And last but certainly not least...My back has been healed! I was still experiencing a lot of pain in my spine as of last week and asked some very wonderful friends if they would come over and pray for it. The rest of the day I was still in a lot of pain but then on Thursday, after roaming around the zoo for 2 1/2-3 hours, I noticed that I wasn't hurting. (gasp!) It continued Friday (5 hours downtown), Saturday (trip to Costco), Sunday (church) and after days of being afraid to believe it's true and expecting the disabling pain to come back....it hasn't! I picked up and carried Zakkai for awhile today with no pain! Hallelujah! Just had to share my miracle:)

2 comments:

Emily and Frank said...

I'm so glad you're feeling better! And I am very impressed with your applique skills!

Angela Kim said...

what adorable onesies--thanks for sharing! I'm proud of your craftiness too! And i'd love for you to post recipes here! :)

Followers