Sunday, January 25, 2009

Mr Potato Head

The boys have been playing so well together lately! They race, play Lego's, color and stop to have a drink in the wagon:)
Evidence that they are buddies!! I pulled this out of the closet (I hid away a few Christmas toys to bring out for afternoon entertainment) and they played very quietly together for at least 35 minutes!!

This is a mommy Mr. Potato Head. Notice he looks like a perfectly normal person...er...Mr. Potato Head!


This is a Zakkai Mr Potato Head. He often sports multiple arms, eyes or tongues..This is Mr. Potato Head the Alien Edition!
Well, it has been a long week and the boys are suffering from complete caginess and boredom! That's what you get when your mommy is injured. I feel bad for them because we usually are out and about almost everyday. They have been entertaining themselves pretty well, although it's usually right next to or on the couch with me:) I have been covered in everything from trains and Lego's to boys!
I went back to the dr.'s on Friday and had more x-rays this weekend and they are now thinking that I fractured a rib in my back. That would make sense with all of the pain I have been experiencing! Ben is an amazing husband. (I love you, Ben!!) Despite his busy schedule, he has been Mr. Mom for the past 9 1/2 days. I must say it's nice to have a break from cooking, cleaning, and some childcare but I'm pretty sure he's ready to hand the job back to me!
We have been on a Disney movie kick recently. When I was younger, a Disney movie was re-released every summer for awhile (90's!) and my mom, my younger sister, cousin and some friends would go see them for my birthday. I have such good memories of that! My favorites are 101 Dalmations, Beauty and the Beast, Cinderella, Lady and the Tramp....So I started thinking that I want my boys to watch all of these classics! I found a few of them REALLY cheap on the internet (one for 37 cents!) and we have been watching them. We got 101 Dalmations, Cinderella and Snow White and you know what? I forgot how violent they are! Seriously, there's some scary stuff in these movies! There is always this evil stepmother lady who wants to kill the princess (or the puppies) and they get crazy eyes and it's scary! I must've conveniently fogotten all of that growing up because I was really surprised. And it makes me hesitate to show them to the boys (don't worry, I'm not that crazy!) because I know Samuel will start asking all these questions and he's in the age of "fears" and I'm afraid he'll have nightmares or something! Ok, I am being slightly crazy and I am not going to hold them back from watching Disney movies. There are far worse things out there! What are your favorite Disney classics??



1 comment:

Angela Kim said...

beauty and the beast is my ultimate favorite, and was my mom's favorite too!

are you feeling ANY better??? :( I am so sorry it's been so rough.

*Did I tell you I LOVE your family photo? :) awesome.

Followers