Saturday, December 6, 2008

Pictures and Silly boys!

I just came from cooking with pretend food with the boys. They were making some very gross, er, interesting combinations such as a special drink with strawberries, lemons, chocolate and the secret ingredient that all special drinks need.....hamburger! Well, needless to say, I'm not quite sure that the boys are ready to take over dinner duty yet:)

I embarked on the hair cutting journey with Samuel and Zakkai yesterday. Their hair grows WAY too fast for my liking! So I usually put them in their booster seat and put in a movie that they rarely get to see. I started with Zakkai and put him in front of a farm animal movie that held his attention for all of 2 minutes of the hair cut...ahem, that's beside the point! When some baby chicks flashed up on the screen, Zakkai gasped and said, very excitedly, "Chicken Nuggets!!" Well, little one, you have no idea.. He's a funny boy, though. He jabbers constantly and picks up A LOT of words/phrases from Samuel (good or bad?) He says a lot of things in a sing-songy voice. So a one syllable word can have about three syllables! I love how he says tree. He sing-songs "tre-ee" and believe me, he LOVES our tree!

Samuel is getting VERY imaginative! There's this dinosaur in a display case at Target (have I mentioned that I love that store?!) that, if you push a button, stomps and roars, etc. So Samuel must've had dinosaurs on the brain because later in the day as I was making dinner, he comes flying around the corner with eyes as big as saucers and exclaimed, "Mommy! There's a dinosaur in the kitchen! And it's eating our food!!" I came to discover later, through a friend's questioning, that it was a small, red dinosaur because everyone knows that the best dinosaurs are small red ones!

And last night at dinner, Zakkai was having trouble eating his pizza for some reason and Samuel was very worried about him (You okay, buddy?) and kept inspecting his pizza to make sure it didn't have hard bites. So he takes a big gulp of water and said, "Mommy, I just took a BIG drink of water to make my back feel better because it had pizza in it.." Ben and I just looked at each other, not even sure how to respond to that quaint bit of 3 year old logic! Our silly boy:)

And last but not least, the boys and I also embarked on a photo shoot yesterday, after the haircuts. It was a lot of fun and I am sharing a sneak preview with you! We also had to take a family picture for something so I included of those, too. I happen to like my family:)






Our little man


Before hair cut!

No comments:

Followers