Friday, December 12, 2008

Conversation with Samuel yesterday:

S: Why aren't you eating, mommy?
M: Because I finished my lunch and my tummy is full.
S: Why is your tummy full?
M: Because I ate my lunch!
S: Why did you eat your lunch?
M: Because I was hungry.
S: Why were you hungry?
M: Because it was lunchtime.
S: Why was it lunchtime?
M: Because it just was!

And this conversation was happening while sleep-deprived mommy was struggling to stay awake at the table while the WORLD'S SLOWEST EATER finished his lunch! Why was I sleep deprived, you ask? Because Z has been terribly ill this week! He was so cranky on Sunday and I just thought he was grumpy until he woke up from nap and didn't want to do anything but lie in my arms. And then he got a fever that lasted for the next 4 1/2 days ranging from 100-104! He stopped eating, sleeping and pretty much cried ALL night long for the next 3 nights. I was finally able to get him into the dr. on Tuesday and he had some 'gitis virus that caused white sores in his throat and some severely swollen glands in his neck. Poor, poor baby. He lost 1 1/2 pounds and his buddha belly:(
The good new is that he is finally on the mend! Last night was his (and my) first full night's sleep since Saturday! I am just praying with all my might that no one else gets it, especially Ben, who is currently taking the 4th of 6 comprehensive exams. My poor hubby has had a grueling week (or several months) also and is so tired but we are counting down the days. 4 1/2 days left until break!!! Family time! Freedom! Rejuvenation! Let it come...

1 comment:

Angela Kim said...

Oh my goodness Heidi. I am so sorry Zakkai has been so sick :( Poor baby! It breaks my heart when my boys are sick and I FREAK OUT when they get fevers. YOu must have been so worried. I'm glad he is on the mend!!!

I have been meaning to tell you how much I absolutely LOVE your photos of the boys with the lights. That was a brilliant idea. I am totally going to copy it next year...or this year when I take stuff down :) Athough Isaiah would definitely put them in his mouth. Maybe next year. They are gorgeous, festive pictures. Did you see that idea somewhere professional or did you think of it yourself??? LOVE THEM!!!

miss you guys. Are you coming to Columbus for Christmas or NY? We will be in Iowa for Christmas and Florida for New YEar's so our paths might not cross...:( Miss you.
Merry Christmas.
love, Angela

Followers