Thursday, May 15, 2008

Well, here's some random musings of my busy days with the boys. Today Zakkai decided to walk A LOT!! In the back of my mind I was realizing that he was making little walking trips but tonight after Ben got home, he couldn't stop! He took 23 steps to me!! I kept scooting backwards as he would get closer and he kept going! He has taken his time but it seems he might be ready to make me work double time! Yesterday he was up in the afternoon for a little while after Samuel went to sleep and he was being so funny. As I told you, he's blankie obsessed, so he had a blanket, his cup which he likes to just stick in his mouth with no hands, and was pushing the shopping cart! He was totally looking to get my attention!


He and Samuel have been having a blast playing together lately. They pretty much destroy the house and dump out every single toy while they're doing it but it makes me so happy to hear them giggle together!
Zakkai is adding new words to his repertoire everyday! His favorite two words are definitely still "buppo" (button) and "yie" (light) but he says "ee" for "ear" and tonight tried to say pretty but it didn't sound anything like it! I don't even know how to spell it out! He pats my chest and calls me "mama" a lot now:) Oh and is learning the word for one of his FAVORITE foods: Cheese! He says "chee?" You have never heard a louder child before. My son...is a screamer! If you ever come to visit us or we come to see you, buy some ear plugs!! He screams when he's mad, sad, happy....he screams in his crib from the moment he wakes up til the moment he goes to sleep! I am surprised our neighbors haven't accused us of torturing him! It is an ear piercing, blood curdling scream. If only he had a volume button....The only time he is quiet is when he's asleep! We are definitely getting this kid involved in sports!
Samuel is amazing to be able to share a room with his loud brother. They egg each other on, unfortunately! You can hear them in there at night or in the morning talking, screeching, jumping....They are buddies;) The other morning, I was changing Zakkai and Samuel came over to the head of his bed and laid his head down next to Zakkai and they were both sucking their fingers and being so sweet so I yelled for Ben to get the camera. Need I say more?

Today we had a goodbye party at my mom's group for a friend who is moving on Sunday. It's hard to live in an area where people move constantly. I feel so bad telling Samuel that his buddies are leaving and he won't see them again because there is such a core group of little ones here. The little friend who is leaving is the other Samuel. He's the little curly top in the middle next to my Samuel:) They were all looking out the window at a bulldozer on this day. A boy's dream!!

5 comments:

suzie said...

dear heidi, areyou getting this

suzie said...

Dear Heidi, That was a test. I read your blog the other day wrote a whole letter and it would not go because I couldnt remember my pass word. So I tryed again I love your blog it keeps me informed. We are getting ready to go home. Yeah. So my next time to read this will be in ohio. Yeah to Zakki walking how fun. You will be busy from now on. Love you Gram

Grandma W said...

Hi Heidi.
I love your blog. I love to read how you are all doing - and the new things the boys are doing. Z walking...put your roller blades on! He is growing so quickly, isn't he. I love that you are doing this blog. The pics are great! I appreciate your reminder to read it. (I need all the reminders I can get!) I love you all. Kim

Judy said...

Hiedi I did it! I joined so I could send you a note I love your blog!! Give those boys a big hug from me, I have something to send a project for them! (Just a little something.) Love you all. Praise the Lord about the good news for Ben. Way to go! Aunt Judy

Angela Kim said...

Hi Heidi,
Just wanted you to know I check your blog almost every day and I always appreciate your comments on mine. I love your updates and you inspire me to be a better mom. :)
I LOVE the story of Samuel holding your head in his hands and saying "Are you beautiful mommy"...that is just precious and almost makes me cry. Love and miss you lots. Keep the posts coming...love, angela

Followers