Thursday, May 8, 2008

Summer

It feels like it's been awhile since I've written! We have been busy this week. The weather was very nice earlier in the week and we discovered a new park! There are LOTS of parks around us within walking distance which is so nice. We found a new one two blocks away with equipment for small, medium and large kids, a big sandbox, lots of grassy area and a big place where they will turn on sprinklers when it gets hot out! Samuel loves this place so much that he's been begging to go everyday. We went three times between Monday and Tuesday:) Then we got rain...
On Tuesday at the last minute I decided to bring a lunch for the boys to eat at the park. Samuel was following me around the kitchen, wondering what I was packing and then he said, "Mommy, should we pack a lunch and head out?" I thought that was so funny because I don't know where he heard it! (unless I said it and don't remember!) Then later in the day we were playing on the floor and he leaned over and took my face in his hands and said, "Are you beautiful, mommy?" This boy knows how to be sweet and cute!
Zakkai is picking up more words and signs everyday! He really is exploding in growth....in more ways than one! Yesterday he woke up with a big swollen red area on his chest. I took him to the dr.'s and she said it was probably a bug bite and prescribed benedryl and warm compresses. It seems much better today. Anyways, they weighed him and he is 24lbs 12oz! That's a good 1 1/2lbs bigger than 2 months ago! This kid can eat!! He's about ready to pass Samuel by. He's our little tank:) He loves to wave "byebye" to people (especially at the nurse yesterday), Loves loves loves to go outside. All day he points out the window and says, "Sye? Sye?" He loves to poke my eye and said "eye?" And lately he has been really into his blankie. When he thinks he needs comfort, he crawls over to his crib and reaches through the slats and tries to pull his blankie through. I find blankets all over the house!
Ben has started his new diet for his health; 5 days now of no sugar, yeast, fruit, bread, etc. He's losing weight but not feeling better yet. Because he has been so sick it will probably take awhile for his body to adjust and start feeling better. He's got a lot of determination to stick to this strict diet! He has consumed a large amount of vegetables in the past 5 days. I don't think we've ever had so many in our house! Hopefully in the next couple of weeks he'll notice a big difference.
I am thinking more and more about Ben's trip this summer and the effect it will have on the boys and I. It's coming up quickly and I'm realizing how long the days will be and how tiring it will be. I really wish we had family nearby!! We should be coming to Columbus for a couple of weeks to help break up the time. And if anyone wants to come visit us, we would LOVE it!! For now though, we're just trying to finish up year 3 in school and making fun family plans for the month of June. There's lots to do here!

No comments:

Followers