Friday, May 23, 2008

Big News!!!


Sorry, it's taken me so long to post. I haven't had much access to the computer this week (that's what happens when your hubby's a ph.D student!!) We've had big stuff happen with our boys and have had a great few days!!

Last night during dinner Samuel said, "Mommy, I have to go potty." I kind of stared at him for a minute suspiciously thinking, "Is this a ploy to get out of eating dinner or does he really have to go?!" He repeated it so I sent him off with Ben. Ben took a few minutes getting the potty out of the bathroom and bringing it into the bedroom (S's request) so by the time he got all set up, he had mostly gone in his diaper but still peed a bit in the potty for the first time!! I could hardly believe it!! We were so excited and made a big deal out of it, rewarding him with a coveted prize~ Percy the train!! (part of the Thomas and Friends crew) We have been talking to him about this for a couple of months. He was SOOOOOOOOOOO proud!!
Then this morning, the first words out of his mouth were, "I have to go potty!" Once again, he sat upon his throne and I waited for few minutes but nothing happened. I told him I was going to take my shower and left him driving trains while sitting on the potty:) When I came back, he jumped up and said, "Look,mommy!!" I looked and sure enough, he really went this time!!! I was so excited (probably more than he was!!) and he got rewarded with another prize (gotta love the dollar section at Target!) which was a little red tractor. He went on to pee in the potty 6 times today!!! He got so many stickers on his chart that he got the trailer that hooks on to the tractor. He wanted that prize so bad that he kept sitting on the potty. I swear he spent half the day naked, trying to go potty so he could get that trailer!! Haha! We are so proud and hope that he keeps this up!!
Zakkai is walking everywhere! We consider him "official' now:) He is getting a little faster and more steady each day and is already trying to climb. Yikes! He wants to copy Samuel out on the playground and that includes climbing, of course! Ben and I often look at each other and say, "He's going to be the one..." He's going to be the one leaping off the couch, breaking china (not that we have any!), breaking bones, getting stitches...He's going to be the one! He is such a different child that Samuel. They are very different but oh, so enjoyable!! I have been trying to get a video of him walking for days now but each time he sees me whip out the camera, he drops down and starts crawling towards me! Finally I caught him just before bathtime last night.... In the beginning of the video you'll see him saying something and doing a sign. He's telling me "Yie?" (light) his favorite word!!

Tonight Samuel was really wound up before bed, probably because he has had two fantastic days in a row for numerous reason! He was talking a mile a minute in a really high pitched voice. We finally got him in bed and were trying to get him to whisper since Z was asleep already. This is how my conversation with him went:

Samuel in a stage whisper: "Mommy, will you take a nap wif me? You want to take a nap wif me! (shake my head no and tell him I have to leave) You do, mommy! Have sweet dreams, mommy. And daddy too. And Zakkai too. And be careful and be safe in the bed, mommy. And tell daddy too. And Zakkai too. And Jesus loves me. And the tractor plows the field. And the fire truck...(then in a loud voice) WHAT DOES THE FIRE TRUCK DO, MOMMY?!"

Ah, such a silly boy!! He ended my night with a smile:) I hope you're smiling, too!! Good night!!

No comments:

Followers