Saturday, May 3, 2008

We have survived some yucky weather lately! It's hard to be stuck inside so often when it rains. The boys and I get antsy! Samuel has been saying some cute things:) Yesterday I had to use the bathroom and didn't say anything to Samuel before I left the room. A minute later I hear, "Mommy! Mommy, where are you? Mommy, I need you! I want you, Mommy!" He's making his way through the house looking for me, getting closer and closer. He found me and exclaimed, "Mommy, here you are! I yuv you, mommy, cuz you're my pwecious, sweet boy!" He makes me laugh! Which helps balance out the exasperating times! His newest thing if he doesn't want to answer your question is to say, "I can't talk!" Ben was trying to get him to spell out some words in a book and he said, "I can't talk, daddy." and clamped his mouth shut. He's getting too smart for us!
Zakkai is talking and learning more everyday! He says "bypye" (diaper), "yie" (light; rhymes with tie), "dee" (teeth) "baa" (bath)....he does the "milk" sign all the time now. He does it for any drink though! Oh well! He loves to point out lights all over. And this afternoon took 5 more steps! He has to do it on his own time. He could be walking all over if he wanted to; he walks down the hallway holding on to the wall, all over the house holding out hands....but isn't ready to be independent yet!
We watched the Kentucky Derby tonight and it was sad because Samuel was watching with us and picked Eight Belles as his favorite horse (guess he liked the name). Just in case you didn't know, Eight Belles fell after the race and had to be put down. Not a good ending to the race! Thankfully, Samuel wasn't paying attention and we didn't have to say anything. We didn't say anything to him about the giraffe that died at our zoo recently either. What do you say to a young child about an animal getting hurt and dying? What a hard thing to explain! For now all animals live forever and are happy and waiting to entertain Samuel!
Ben and I had a daytime date today! We went out with our housegroup to eat at a pizza place while our friend babysat the boys! It was so fun to get out, while it was still light out! We are exploring new parts to the city lately, which has been cool. We had pizza that was pretty good and then all grouped over to Coldstone Creamery. Yum! It was nice to end the outing with chocolate ice cream and heath bar pieces....until I found the hair in it.....It might be awhile before I go back there!

No comments:

Followers