Wednesday, April 1, 2015

Bad Mama and Funnies!

I know, I know, I know that picture-less blog posts are SO boring!! However, I have a new phone and really have no idea how to get pictures from A to B to here! So...pictureless it is for now.

Good news? I have a new phone;) I was barely hanging on that last month or two, with a phone that felt like dying whenever it pleased! Now Ben and I having matching phones (aw!) and are trying to figure out how to use them:)

Spring break is over so we're back to the school grind. Well...if you can call this boring school a "grind." Bad mom moment: I'm running around all crazy Monday morning getting breakfasts, packing lunches, telling Eliana she can't go to the bus stop in her pajamas (I have so never ever been a public jammy person. Kudos to you if you have the confidence to do it!) and not once had I looked my boys in the eye.

So, I'm barking out orders, "Get your coats on, shoes on, time to leave for the bus!!" And then Zakkai comes over to me, moments away from walking out the door, to tell me something. And...I got a good look at his face. "Um, Zakkai, what's up with your eye?" He says, "Oh yeah, it had all this junk in it this morning and I couldn't get it open! It's kind of bugging me."

Right. Just what every parent wants in their house~pink eye! Of course, I'd much rather have pink eye than lice or bed bugs, I'm pretty sure:) So, no school for Mr. Z on Monday. He had meds by 10am and enjoyed a fun day playing with Eliana and washing his hands a bazillion times:)
 I had some psychological eye-itching that day but it was all in my head!

Thankfully, no one else has gotten it! (Oh please, let it stay that way!)
`````````````````````````````
A few funny kiddo one-liners/funnies:

Eliana: "Mommy, remember when you put these shoes on me with no socks or tights and I got blizzards on my feet?" (haha, love it!)

Zakkai: "I wish I could wear deodorant, too, like Samuel!."
Me: "Well, don't worry, someday you will. But I don't want you to grow up too fast!"
Z: "Well, I want to grow up so I can wear it. How old will I be when I need it?"
Me: "I don't know, bud. It's different for everyone. I want you to grow up...just not too fast!"
Z: "I don't want to grow up too fast either....but I do want to be stinky!!"

haha!

````````````````````````````````
We have been waiting on a few schedule confirmations and then we are hoping to plan a trip back to Chicago soon to see friends! We have several people that keep asking us, plus Samuel asks at least once a week. I hope it won't set him back to go. He has not had the best year and has taken all this change hard. Sometimes he seems to be thriving and other times, it's just hard. I hope a trip back will be a blessing!

That's all for now! I'll work on getting pictures up asap! Ciao.

1 comment:

Aunt Terri said...

Funny Zakkai. He makes me laugh. So cute.

Followers