Sunday, February 8, 2015

Weekend!

 It's been a nice weekend! Usually the most exciting thing we do is visit the library or something of that caliber but yesterday we went to a model train show downtown! It was free for kids and it was very crowded!


It's fun to see all the little cities and scenes set up. There is a lot of detail in each one!


We really enjoyed walking around watching the trains and studying the details of the cities. They had trains for adults and trains for kids, too!


Z even got to help drive one of the trains sets:) Our favorite part was listening to an expert speak on Walt Disney and the Railroad. It was really cool and we learned some neat facts! A nice way to spend our morning:)


Ben had to work for a little while later in the day so after I fed my trio, we attempted our first game ever of Monopoly! The boys really liked it and Eliana did, too, and tried to buy as many properties as she could:) She said to me, "Now I know how to play Monopoly! You just go around and around the board." Wish it were that easy!

I finished my cooking magazine project! It took almost two weeks of working in all my "spare time." I love, love how it turned out!! I made a little cover by cutting out magazine letters.


I got a 3 inch binder since I was going through about 100 magazines. I probably could've gotten away with a 2-inch but I wanted to have plenty of room in case I add to it later.


I got wide tab dividers for all of my categories. Each recipe is cut out and glued on a thicker white paper and in a plastic sheet protector. There are about 60 pages, front and back. Can't believe I reduced all those magazines to one binder! I think it'll be so much easier for me to use now and it makes me look forward to cooking more!



(this was about half of the magazines I went through!)

``````````````````````
And this afternoon, we met some friends at the park for about an hour and got a little exercise and fresh air, which always lifts the spirits! It was by no means a beautiful day, being muddy and misty off and on but it was good:)

Now we're ready for a new week!

No comments:

Followers