Thursday, September 18, 2014

Eliana's "New" Room and A Good Day for Samuel!

 Today as a shakin' and movin' kind of day and it felt good to get so much accomplished! Of course, I guess that's how I feel every Thursday since it's the one day I have a car to get anything accomplished at all:)


This week I finished Eliana's room! We are excited to have non-white walls in our new place (for the first time ever!) but also wanted to have real color in our rooms. To finish Eliana's furniture re-do, I painted her dresser purple to match the bookshelf! Here is the before. This is a really old dresser that has been around in my family for years. It needed a makeover!


Ta-da! I love how it looks but most importantly, so does she! Once I got it painted, dried and in place, I decided to just get everything fixed up in her room and hung a few things on the walls. She was SO happy when she came in to see!


When you walk in her room, she has her two towels hanging up:)


Straight ahead is her window, baby doll area and dressers. No curtains yet though. I have to add some material to her old curtain to lengthen it. That will be the finishing touch!


Her "new" dresser and baby corner:)

Her other dresser. This is a really cute dresser that my mom found at a garage sale. We paid $10 for it. It has really little drawers, hence the two dressers. Okay, and she has a lot of clothes;)


Her bed. She and Samuel were making monsters with a funny little kit we have.


Her closet! All of our closets have built in shelving and rods, which we adore! It made organizing so much easier.

Her bookshelf and rocking chair, a.k.a. reading corner!


And her dollhouse and hooks to hang purses and whatnot on. I just love how her room looks and she says she loves it, too. Her old room was teeny tiny and was wall to wall furniture with zero space to play so I just love that she has so much space! She's lucky though because she's the only one who actually has anything hung on her walls. I'll have to hang something on the boys' walls and show you their room next:)


We have been couch hunting this week! Yesterday I snapped this really cute picture of E checking out a huge over-sized chair with my mom. Love her smile! We actually found a couch tonight (hooray!!) which we just love so much better than our old one. We pick it up Saturday and then we can actually have a living room and invite people over. Yea!


Samuel had an awesome day today! He got 100% on his social studies test and felt SO good about it. It was over government which he has never had before and he was really struggling with it. We studied really hard together and this was the result. Way to go, buddy!


And then a few minutes later....he lost his first front tooth!! How cute is he?? He was really excited to lose it but after a few hours of it being out, he's not tho thure about talking anymore and how he thounds:)

We told him he just needs to lose the other one so we can sing to him this Christmas: "All I want for Chrithmas ith my two front teeth, my two front teeth, my two front teeth!"

It was a good day all the way around today!

No comments:

Followers