Friday, September 18, 2009

Ramblin' Mind

Not too much to report, thankfully, after last week's multiple dramas:) We've been visiting friends, going to Samuel's Art class and are now enjoying the beginning of our first free weekend in over a month! We SO enjoyed having our families come visit us; so much so that Samuel recently said, "Mommy, I hope our three families will come see us again!" He also asked, when informed that today was Friday, who was coming to visit us:)
````````````````````````````````````````````````
I am so enjoying the beginnings of fall weather. The coolness to the air, the first colored leaves fluttering to the ground, the thought of apple picking next week (you might remember this entry? those incredibly delicious mouth-watering doughnuts? I'm drooling.), smelling the inviting aroma of hot soup bubbling merrily on the stove or in the crockpot, the excitement of football games (well, the Buckeyes anyways!), ah....I could go on and on.

Too bad fall only lasts for about 3 weeks here. Sigh.
``````````````````````````````````````````````
The other day I was carrying Zakkai to his room for naptime and he looked intently at me, poked my eyebrows with a wet finger and said, "Mommy, do you have owbrays?" Yes, Zakkai, I do have eyebrows:)
`````````````````````````````````````````````
In other news, I am completely emersed and addicted to the Harry Potter books that my sister lent me. She warned me about the sleepless nights, the inability to concentrate on normal activities, the craving to read at odd hours of the day.....I didn't believe her. I started the books last Tuesday after they left and now am over halfway through book 6. Let's see...that's about 3050 pages of reading while raising two children, running a household, being social, etc. I need help!

Speaking of Harry Potter...I'd love to write more but I have to...go to bed now! I just might read a chapter or two first....

3 comments:

grandma said...

Oh Heidi, I have never read the Potter books. You will have to tell me about them. You seem to think they are so good. I always thought something bad when they were mentioned. So fill me in. Grandmas learn something new every day.

Anonymous said...

I knew you were skeptical but they are so great! I can't wait to read them again but I have to let mom read them when you give the series back..
Derek got 'Half Blood Prince' to read and I forbade him and said, you have to start from the beginning or it won't make sense!! I hope he listens...

mommyoflove3 said...

I will tell you all about them, Grandma! Kristiana, you are right, Derek CANNOT start at the Half Blood Prince! Mom really wants to read them?

Followers