Tuesday, November 25, 2008

I'm So Thankful

So Samuel and I were talking about Thanksgiving on the way home from church on Sunday and I was trying to explain what the holiday is for. We ended up saying things that we're thankful for. On Samuel's list was signs, meat, Thomas, his legs and food. Good list! But it also started me thinking about what I am thankful for. So here is a partial list of what I am thankful for:
  • God: So thankful to know God, who loves me and whom I can talk to anytime..
  • My sweet family:A loving husband who works hard and two boys who fill me with joy
  • My mom: my mother and friend whom I can also pick up the phone and call anytime
  • My grandma: who loves me and finds such joy in her family
  • My Family
  • Friends: What would life be like without friends to share in the sorrows, the joys and the everydayness of life?!
  • Health: I am so thankful that we don't have any serious health problems
  • A warm home
  • Food:I take for granted what I have when there are many people esp in other countries who don't have nearly as much as I do
  • My brother-in-law: who put his life on the line for 15 months for you and for me and for all the other soldiers
  • Laughter: I love to laugh with Ben, with friends and family.
  • Chocolate: Chocolate does a woman good...
  • Cheaper Gas Prices: I'm thankful we can travel home for Thanksgiving;)
  • Christmas Break: A time of renewal for my family and teaches our boys to celebrate Jesus' birth.

I know I have much, much more to be thankful for! It's good to think about these things; to focus on all of the blessings in our life instead of all the worries and anxieties or the hardships. What are you thankful for this year?

No comments:

Followers