Friday, November 7, 2008

Thoughts of Mine

My Zakkai-baby has been sick since Wed night with croup! We had a very scary night with him and he was so exhausted from being up in the night that he took a 4 1/2 hour nap yesterday! I feel physical pain when one of my boys is sick or gets hurt. I HATE to see them suffer. Half the time when they are sick there is nothing I can really do for them except to offer my presence, comfort and mommy-love. I remember when I was young and I would get sick, all I wanted was my mom. Just her presence was enough to comfort me.

There was a brief day or two or maybe only a few moments in the past couple of weeks where I thought Samuel just might be getting over his Thomas obsession. I was wrong. It is now fully renewed. Thomas comes with us EVERYWHERE and people now expect that they are going to see Samuel +Thomas. We have Thomas underwear, some Thomas clothing, Thomas cups, Thomas trains (x's a bazillion), Thomas movies, had a Thomas birthday cake, Thomas, Thomas, Thomas! And yet, he wants more. Honestly we have barely bought him any of it (except for the undies and cups!); most have been gifts. He now wants Thomas pj's and a train table to drive trains on (that's another story!). I am so amazed at how many other people out there have Thomas-obsessed children, too! What IS it about this little blue engine that draws the adoration and loyalty from these small child-hearts? When I figure it out, I'll let you know....

I will say this next part with much thought and caution. As a matter of fact, I don't want to post it at all, except, IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY!!! I have been so upset in the past couple of weeks, but mostly this week, at how very disrespectful people have been to each other over this election. Even Christians! People who are supposed to be loving with their lives as well as their words. I personally feel that who you choose to vote for and why you chose to do it, is a private matter. Politics gets so personal with people and it is so easy for someone to feel attacked in this area. I have just been sickened over the gloating and the biting and the unChrist-like love coming from this nation. I know it is happening everywhere and not just in my own neighborhood, where the next President just happens to reside. Please, please be careful what you say and how you say it! We have Someone that we're supposed to be shining for.

And to end on a lighter note: I LOVE our new breakfast for dinner tradition! Have I already told you that? It works out so well (most of the time). Ben gives the boys baths and gets them in their jammies while I finish cooking whatever yummy, breakfasty treat we'll be devouring. This past Saturday was probably our favorite so far: crepes! We had slightly sweetened crepes with banana cream filling and topped with fruit and also regular crepes filled with eggs and sausage. SO good, so good, you see!! It's fun to come up with new ideas of what to have. And it's also nice that we're all in our pj's and ready for bed by the time dinner is done! I do need some more ideas, though, so please enlighten me with your favorite special breafast recipes!!

1 comment:

Angela Kim said...

I'm so sorry Zakkai has been sick...poor baby. And that is SO hard on mommy. I hope and pray he feels better soon. I love all your stories. And I really love your breakfast for dinner idea :) miss you all. -angela

Followers