Friday, July 11, 2008

Sad Mama....

I'm about to change my blog header to...."sad mama" for the next 2 months. Okay, I won't really! After much anticipation and dreading, T-Day has finally arrived. Ben left for the airport at 11am this morning. Samuel and I cried together for awhile before I called MY mama for some sympathy:) And then when Samuel was done crying he said, "Now can we go to Mugga's house?!" Well! children do bounce back, don't they?!
Ben won't arrive in Istanbul, Turkey until about 11am or so my time TOMORROW (that's 7pm Turkey-time!) and then...they have to stay overnight in a hotel and fly out of a smaller airport to another city (don't ask me to pronounce that one!) and then take a train to the little village where they will be staying for the dig (yeah, can't pronounce that one either!) That is one lonnnnnnnnnnnnggggggg trip! He's going to be very tired, I'm sure!
So, for now, I will be sad and relying on prayers and friends and soon, family! I'll let you know when I hear that he has arrived safely!

P.S. He only pack ONE book! Can you believe it?! Wanna know how my book-loving, study-obsessed husband managed to do that? He scanned about 2000 pages of notes and books into his computer.....Just a little light reading for the trip!

3 comments:

Megan said...

that must be so hard- thank you for the sacrifice! i've heard that though it's hard, it's incredible when they get back!

Megan

TBorycz said...

Hey Trix, I hope you are doing okay, I have been thinking about you a lot this week and hoping you are not too sad. If you need anything just call. See you soon.

Angela Kim said...

dear heidi...i am praying for this, your 2nd night putting your boys to bed without their daddy. I imagine that to be the hardest part of every day. I pray for strength and supernatural JOY.

and I can't wait to see you SOON!!!
love, angela

Followers