Friday, July 18, 2008

I feel like I haven't blogged in awhile...but I guess it's only been 3 days. Does that tell you how long my week has been?! I am procrastinating packing at the moment. Usually I love to pack but I'm dragging my heels this time...
It's been a tough week. I'm sure we'll adjust soon and it will help to spend time with family. Samuel told me at breakfast, after crying over many things this morning, "I am having a sad day today, mommy." The morning started out with him asking me if he could give daddy a hug. On a normal morning, if Ben were here, I would get the boys up and dressed and they would run and give Ben a hug. I felt so sad to remind him that daddy wasn't here. It all went downhill from there...
Last night, I had housegroup at our house as usual. I got the boys in bed, got buzzed, grabbed my keys and ran down to let the group in. All was well, until we got off of the elevator and I looked at my keys and realized that I had grabbed Zakkai's set of play keys (real keys but they don't work anywhere!)!!! I was so upset. I knocked on the janitor's door and he wasn't there. I started shaking and crying. It was the last straw to a bad week!! My friends were so wonderful and caring. They were all over there trying to break into the apt with credit cards, keys....while I was calling the janitor and the police. Finally after 20+ minutes, Ivan (the janitor) came and unlocked the door for me. I felt so bad because he had to come home from wherever he was to help me! He was very kind and gracious. The police showed up 15 minutes later, even though I had called to tell them I'd gotten ahold of Ivan. It's a good thing the boys were in bed!!
Well, there's my saga of the week. I'm off to begin packing now....

No comments:

Followers