Monday, November 2, 2009

The Sounds of Silence

The only sound I hear that is louder than the silence in this house, is the ticking of the clock. The boys have been asleep since about 6:30pm, Ben is studying......silence. Sometimes our home is filled with laughter, sometimes with high-pitched little boys voices raised in merriment or argument, there is the sound of the tea kettle whistling or the phone ringing, traffic from outside or the boys racing inside. But now? Pure silence.

Samuel asked if we could take a picture together; just Samuel and Mommy:) He is a sweet boy and funny without meaning to be! I got them a special lunch for "M" week (will be posting later) from McDonalds and as we drove away, he said, "Mommy, that place is Old McDonald's just like the song 'Old MacDonald!' "

He had milk with his lunch. Several minutes later, he announced that the milk was all gone and I asked him if it was good and he said, "It was good, mommy but the milk froze in my head!"

Samuel is also convinced that we are going to have twin girls in our family someday. I mean CONVINCED! He talks about how we will get a bigger car for the many children we will have and how there will be 2 girls and 2 boys. He even asked me the other day if he and Z would be able to carry their sisters around the house.

The climax of it came when he informed his new preschool class that mommy might have a baby in her tummy soon...twins! I was quick to shake my head frantically at his teachers who smiled at me in a very curious way. Twins? Twins!

````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````

Zakkai is absolutely obsessed with Ben's guitar ("Kintar") lately! He will stand and strum it for really long periods of time, blissfully, and has recently taken to pulling the guitar over in front of our large chair so he can sit and strum. He was listening to a song on the radio the other day in the car(only I didn't know he was listening with me:) and picked out the sound of the guitar! I have been thinking that maybe it would be a good idea to get him his own little guitar for Christmas or his bday!

It's even better to strum in your lion suit, of course! Happy Monday!

No comments:

Followers